Greetings from Finland! Help needed!
Autor Wiadomość
Padi Offline
Zaglądacz

Liczba postów: 5
Reputacja: 0
Helsinki, Finland
Greetings from Finland! Help needed!
I'll begin with introducing myself, so I'm Patrik, highschool boy from Helsinki, Finland. I love MTB:ing, tennis, cars (especially BMW) and ofc women. I was redirected from podrozerowerowe to here and here's my original post from there.
Cytat:Hi! I'm planning on going mtb:ing in Poland next summer, and as I've never even been in the country I have no idea what so ever where I should go or if there even are any bike parks or downhills in Poland. So now I ask you guys, are there any bike parks where you can ride downhill and rent bikes in Poland, if so in what price range are the rentals and hotels in that area?
So I was recommended to go to either Brenna or Szczyrk but advised to come here for more precise information. I'm planning on going with a friend, I'm thinking about a Cannondale RZ One Twenty 2 or a Trek Fuel ex 8 and my friend has a Specialized Rockhopper Comp so they aren't precisely any downhill bikes so I'd prefer to rent than to take my bike there. Thanks in advance! Smile
17.11.2011 21:52
Znajdź wszystkie posty użytkownika Odpowiedz cytując ten post
Pawel_BB Offline
Dystrybutor

Liczba postów: 8,615
Reputacja: 88
Bielsko-Biala
RE: Greetings from Finland! Help needed!
Hi Patrick Smile

It's very hard to choose one place, in Poland we have many beautiful mountains Smile

If you really want to choose only bike parks or downhill trails please consider:
- Szczyrk
- Wisla
- Ustron
- Czarna Gora
- Wierchomla
- Koninki
- Bielsko-Biala
- Zar mountain
- Zawoja

and more mountains with lifts when you can easily go up and ride on many great trails in Swieradow, Krynica etc.

Help me guys with other places Smile

http://www.horizonbikes.com.pl
http://www.endurotrophy.pl
(Ten post był ostatnio modyfikowany: 17.11.2011 22:04 przez Pawel_BB.)
17.11.2011 22:01
Odwiedź stronę użytkownika Znajdź wszystkie posty użytkownika Odpowiedz cytując ten post
uzurpator Offline
Producent

Liczba postów: 2,661
Reputacja: 58
Katowice
Howdy.

You were redirected somewhat correctly. While folks here tend to pedal ( or push ) their rigs uphill, use of lifts do happen.

Anyhow - there are no 'bike parks' so to speak. Most places pretending to be such are merely a few downhill courses cobbled together. That being said however, they are fun to ride.

When it comes to the neighbourhood of Bielsko Biala ( which includes Szczyrk, Wisla and generally all of Beskid Slaski, Beskid Zywiecki and Beskid Maly ) there are two parks and one chairlift ( unless I am missing something - help me guys ). These are:
- Stozek in Wisla
- Zar mountain
- Skrzyczne in Szczyrk ( this is semi official ).

However, as Pawel_BB noted, there are other places spread somewhat evenly throughout the border with Czech Republic and Slovakia ( and there are bike parks there also ).

As for accomodation - it is usually available, but may be expensive/difficult to get in holiday season, so reserve in advance. Prices are, well, pricy. Don't expect the trip to differ much in cost in comparison to, say, austrian alps.

When it comes to biking in general, I am not aware of any places where you can rent a downhill bike. There may be some tho.

Depending on how aggresive is your riding, 160/160 travel bike will suffice for most of Polish mountains. If you don't mind pedalling uphill, there are several very interesting trails as well. Most of Polish mountains are open to MTBing and, save for Beskid Slaski, there is minimal tourist traffic.

BTW - I am sure that autochtons will gladly ride with you and show you more interesting trails Smile

Blog: http://uzurpator.com.pl
Zębatki: http://www.trybo.pl
(Ten post był ostatnio modyfikowany: 17.11.2011 22:16 przez uzurpator.)
17.11.2011 22:15
shovel Offline
a.k.a. shower

Liczba postów: 5,431
Reputacja: 59
Tychy
We don't have many bike-rents in Poland. If You want to rent a bike long-term you'd probably need to contact one of the major bike dealers in Poland, they do rent bikes and charge on per-day basis.
for example near Bielsko you can rent a bike in Alda Sport (Giant test center) and base price is 200 zl per day. I think for longer periods of time you could negotiate the price.

There are also some bike dealers on this forum, so maybe they may arrange some bike for rent for You and your colleague.
As for the prices of accomodation - You should be able to find something for about 50-60 zl per day for bed&breakfast, or 70-100 zl per day for a stay with breakfast and dinner.

@uzurpator - You forgot about Palenica ;-)

moje: blog sportowy / fitness - portal górski
----
(Ten post był ostatnio modyfikowany: 17.11.2011 22:25 przez shovel.)
17.11.2011 22:25
Odwiedź stronę użytkownika Znajdź wszystkie posty użytkownika Odpowiedz cytując ten post
Padi Offline
Zaglądacz

Helsinki, Finland
Whoooh, quite so many options there, a bit too many actually Big Grin Elevator would be a plus, especially if they are long downhills.. I'd prefer downhill tracks and not trails since you can find trails in Helsinki's central park too. Ofc a mashup of both trails (to see landscapes) and downhill trails would be perfect, if someone would guide us there we would be more than thankful and you wouldn't go unrewarded Wink The fact that you can't rent downhill bikes is quite a big drawback and the fact that hotels aren't any cheaper even though it's summer is also a drawback, well we'll count something out. Ofc if there aren't proper downhill tracks or so many of them maybe we could survive with our 120/120, 140/140 and 120 ht.

Oh btw, since I've already done this thread I could also ask after bike recommendations. I'm looking at 120/120-140/140 FS bikes for around 2000€, frame should be around 19" since I'm 184 cm and still growing. I do lots of cycling on road but I'm as much as possible in the woods.. As I said I've been looking at a Cannondale RZ One Twenty 2 and a Trek Fuel ex 8 to give you a little direction.
17.11.2011 22:38
tymoch Offline
"Kapitan Snuja" EMTB.PL

Liczba postów: 1,406
Reputacja: 22
Wrocław
I think that you must visit, beside downhill tracks ans bikeparks, the best Poland`s singletrack in Sudety mountains called "Singletrek pod Smrkiem". It`s on Poland and Czech Republic border, between Świeradów and Nove Mesto city. http://www.singltrekpodsmrkem.cz/en/home-page . Of course, there is many wild singletracks, wich is not signed on maps, but I think that everyone from EMTB.pl help you find them out and take for a rideBig Grin

"Jeśli chodzi o twentyninery, to można powiedzieć, że jestem jaroszem..."*
*jadam tylko te zielone podgrzane do 66°

http://www.emtb.pl
17.11.2011 22:44
Padi Offline
Zaglądacz

Helsinki, Finland
Thanks Shovel! I'm relieved by the prices you posted. We were thinking about going to Åre, Sweden until we discovered DH bikes cost 300€/bike (1300PLN) for four days, if you add the elevator, hotel and travel costs it can easily go over 1000€ which is quite much for a couple of students.
Tymoch, that track looks awesome! I must go there *__* Summer can't come soon enough.
(Ten post był ostatnio modyfikowany: 17.11.2011 22:53 przez Padi.)
17.11.2011 22:51
shovel Offline
a.k.a. shower

Liczba postów: 5,431
Reputacja: 59
Tychy
Padi, i think our trails are more interesting and demanding than those in Helsinki's central park:-)
as for downhill tracks, to be honest - i don't think i'd choose Poland over Austria if i wanted to go just for pure downhill fun. in Austrian region of Saalbach-Hinterglemm You can find a 7 day stay with Joker Card (free access to all lifts in neighboorhood) in a 3 star hotel for ~350 euro (with breakfast). Renting a bike in Saalbach is a little bit more expensive (50-90 euro per day) but you have about 5-6 downhill/freeride lines in neighboorhood + a lot of nice trails.

As for "our trails", i think you wouldn't be disappointed. Maybe our mountains aren't that big as alps, but You can find some interesting and difficult natural trails...
look at pictures in my gallery (there are some photos from Saalbach too) and you will see what we consider as nice trails Smile -> https://picasaweb.google.com/115585765332592927994/

moje: blog sportowy / fitness - portal górski
----
(Ten post był ostatnio modyfikowany: 17.11.2011 22:57 przez shovel.)
17.11.2011 22:51
tymoch Offline
"Kapitan Snuja" EMTB.PL

Wrocław
(17.11.2011 22:51)Padi napisał(a):  Thanks Shovel! I'm relieved by the prices you posted. We were thinking about going to Åre, Sweden until we discovered DH bikes cost 300€ (1300PLN) for four days, if you add the elevator, hotel and travel costs it can easily go over 1000€ which is quite much for a couple of students.
Tymoch, that track looks awesome! I must go there *__* Summer can't come soon enough.

I`m glad that you like it! When you`ll go to Poland, send me or Malauch private message. We`ll help you with accomodaiton and guide you thru the best trails in Sudety mountains and ofc Smrk singletracksBig Grin

ps. and I forgot, If you have insurance card Euro 26, you can save some money in restaurats, hostels etc. in Poland also. http://euro26.pl/pl/znizki/wyszukiwarka_znizek

(Ten post był ostatnio modyfikowany: 17.11.2011 23:07 przez tymoch.)
17.11.2011 22:59
Padi Offline
Zaglądacz

Helsinki, Finland
Tymoch, That would be kind of you Smile I'll have to talk to my friend too about this whole thing, even though I know that he has the same interests as me I can't keep him entirely uninformed Big Grin

Shovel, nice pictures! I know Helsinki's central park trails are like cow shit compared to Poland's, I just meant that I'm not into riding on easy trails (I watched a bad video from Szczyrk that gave me a bad impression), those pictures you sent me were more like it. I've been in Austria five times and Switzerland eight times, not cycling but skiing, but I want to explore other countries as well that's why we're coming to Poland. We just decided so with my friend Big Grin Austria maybe 2013..

So South-Western Poland it is. Singletrek is a must too. And I'll probably take my bike with me. At least I've sorted out a couple of things today Smile Thanks guys!
17.11.2011 23:12
tymoch Offline
"Kapitan Snuja" EMTB.PL

Wrocław
Maybe you`ll want to start in some enduro competition, during your Poland trip? We`ve got a lot of rounds around one series, so you can start, whitout changing your trip plans because of them.

(Ten post był ostatnio modyfikowany: 18.11.2011 01:12 przez tymoch.)
17.11.2011 23:38
szopi Offline
Rozmowny

Liczba postów: 369
Reputacja: 6
Warszawa
Welcome Padi :-) you've got a priv message.
18.11.2011 10:19
Padi Offline
Zaglądacz

Helsinki, Finland
Uhhm, I'm not sure about the competition. Would be nice with my own bike but not so on a rental bike in case it gets scratches or worse, and I'm probably not as confident on it either. :/ Maybe if there's some beginner series?
I guess we're going for the Bed and breakfast thing. Ofc we could sleep in a tent so that we wouldn't need to search for the hotel/BnB every day but then you don't have a shower, you can't leave your things anywhere and the breakfast is always nice.
18.11.2011 11:37
Odpowiedz 

Użytkownicy przeglądający ten wątek: 1 gości